Mexican Trucking..Doesn't Matter As Long As It's Not "My" Job

I have mentioned the issues time and time again. Why are we funding Mexican trucking companies to come take our jobs and drive wages down even further. I have said it. You have heard it. But I read something that kind of infuriated me. Talking about the reasons why we should end the ban on Mexican trucking, an expert from a prominent financial research institution said that the current system adds “cost” to the economy. The analyst went on to say that the costs being trimmed by allowing Mexican trucks in the United States is somewhere between 3% to 5%.

English: American Trucking Industry, on the 50...That is true and I am glad you have found the problem of what is wrong with our economy. It amazes me how fast economists are quick to slash American jobs when lobbying efforts are not there to protect them. I have just one question? If the financial research institute found that they could be more efficient without you, would you recommend they chop your job? Maybe they could be 3% to 5% more efficient without you. What if there is not as much grant money to pay salaries next year. The laws of capitalism require that some of the variable costs be reduced. You do not have to answer my question. There is only one answer to that question.

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/29/141820943/mexican-trucks-in-u-s-still-face-political-long-haul


Cottrell High Side Carhauler with Freightliner Daycab - The best home videos are here

2004 Peterbilt Truck
2004 Peterbilt Truck
1996 Freightliner Truck
2005 Western Star
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment